Check the Training News area on the main Training page for information on upcoming courses.
The course is 16 hours total, divided into 4 sections.
- Identify how to respond to emergency situations in delayed emergency help situations
- Identify causes of injuries and how injuries can be prevented in wilderness areas
- Learn proper advance preparation for journeys into the backcountry
- Learn the Emergency Action Steps for First Aid Response to be employed when EMS is not readily available
- Learn basic and more advanced first aid techniques to use when an injury occurs
- Learn how to respond to an emotionally upset victim
- Learn short distance transfer and evacuation techniques
- Experience providing wilderness first aid through scenarios and simulated rescues
Please be aware that CPR training is not always integrated into every course.
Participants should be 15 years or older.
No Courses Available?
If we don't have any courses for Wilderness/Remote First Aid available, try visiting Active Source Training where additional courses might be listed.